- Hungary, Strike, Level 2: Disruptions due to ATC strike from 27 July to 02 August – Hungary [Update 6]
- Afghanistan, Armed Conflict / War, Level 4: Continued heavy fighting between Taliban and security forces in large parts of the country – Afghanistan [Update 27]
- Indonesia, Epidemic, Level 5: COVID-19 pandemic – Indonesia [Update 82]
- Fiji, Epidemic, Level 5: COVID-19 pandemic – Fiji [Update 36]
- Nepal, Epidemic, Level 4: COVID-19 pandemic – Nepal [Update 82]
- South Africa, Epidemic, Level 5: COVID-19 pandemic – South Africa [Update 66]
- Belgium, Epidemic, Level 4: COVID-19 pandemic – Belgium [Update 117]
- Syria, Armed Conflict / War, Level 3: Several killed in Syrian army shelling – Idlib region, Syria
Marriott has expanded its Luxury Collection to South Korea with the opening of the Josun Palace in Seoul. Originally built ...
Dorsett Hospitality has announced that it is installing High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) UV-C air purifiers on the guest floors ...
Emirates commenced trials of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Travel Pass – a mobile app to help passengers easily ...
Hungary, Strike, Level 2: Disruptions due to ATC strike from 27 July to 02 August – Hungary [Update 6]
Afghanistan, Armed Conflict / War, Level 4: Continued heavy fighting between Taliban and security forces in large parts of the country – Afghanistan [Update 27]
- UK ranks top 10 globally for best beaches - but it could be a squeeze this summer July 23, 2021When it comes to the nation boasting the most Blue Flag beaches, Spain sits top of the table with no less than 614. Greece also ranks high with 545, while Turkey (519), Italy (416), France (410), Portugal (371) and, perhaps surprisingly, Denmark (168) are also home to some of the highest numbers.
- Ten reasons why Valencia should be on every traveler’s bucket list in 2021 July 23, 2021Valencia, Spain’s third-largest city located on the country’s east coast, is ready to welcome visitors back to the destination with exciting new happenings and celebrations.
- UniFocus upgrades employee engagement surveys to deliver instant and frequent insights into hotel performance July 23, 2021Innovator of workforce management technology provides hoteliers with real-time and actionable feedback into how to maximize staff retention and engagement.
- Royal Caribbean becomes first to return to Alaska July 23, 2021Serenade of the Seas opens first Alaska cruise season since 2019, ahead of second ship, Ovation of the Seas, joining in August.
- New WTTC report provides framework for achieving Destination Stewardship, says WTTC July 23, 2021‘Towards Destination Stewardship: Achieving Destination Stewardship through scenarios & a Governance Diagnostics framework’ lays out how destinations can balance the needs of visitors and residents, with the involvement of both the public and private sector.
- Flight Centre Travel Group: Peter Gianusso is the new Global Chief Technology Officer of FCM and CT July 23, 2021Based at the company’s Americas headquarters in Montvale, New Jersey, Gianusso will be responsible for overseeing the central platforms that are leveraged to power the customer product offerings of FCM and Corporate Traveler.
- Loss of world heritage status could prolong Liverpool's tourism recovery, says GlobalData July 23, 2021Liverpool needs to attract as much international tourism as possible in the coming years considering the significant amount of revenue it generates.
- Cruise Baltic makes it easier for cruise lines to plan in times of uncertainty July 23, 2021To help cruise lines to a smoother planning, Cruise Baltic has recently launched a COVID-19 site that includes all the special measurements taken by ports in the Baltic Sea.
- Home sharing platform Dtravel secures over 200,000 property listings in first 30 days July 23, 2021Dtravel grows to over 2,000 cities worldwide, forging partnerships with property managers including Ministry of Villas and In Residence.
- UK-wide campaign to boost domestic breaks ramps up as summer holidays get underway July 23, 2021The summer campaign ‘Escape the Everyday – Enjoy the UK this Summer’ has a focus on cities and city attractions as well as regional gateways which have been hit particularly hard by the lack of international visitors and that rely on their spending.