- France, Strike, Level 2: Disruptions to hight-speed rail traffic due to strike from 22 to 24 October – Western parts, France
- Australia, Epidemic, Level 4: COVID-19 pandemic – Australia [Update 230]
- Italy, Strike, Level 2: Strike at Trenord on 24 and 25 October – Lombardy, Italy
- New Zealand, Epidemic, Level 4: COVID-19 pandemic – New Zealand [Update 108]
- Indonesia, Epidemic, Level 4: COVID-19 pandemic – Indonesia [Update 107]
- Italy, Strike, Level 2: Strike in local public transport on 21 October – Calabria, Italy
- China, Epidemic, Level 4: COVID-19 pandemic – China [Update 211]
- Fiji, Epidemic, Level 4: COVID-19 pandemic – Fiji [Update 45]
Update 2021-09-05: According to media reports, the COVID-19 restrictions have been extended until at least 19 September. See the link below ...
United States, Wildfire, Level 3: Evacuations due to wildfires in California – United States [Update 18]
Update 2021-08-08: According to reports on Sunday (08.08.), several firefighters were injured during the operation against the Dixie Fire. Several people ...
Update 2021-07-29: On Thursday (29 July), British authorities released additional information on level 2 restrictions in Taiwan and entry requirements for ...
Marriott has expanded its Luxury Collection to South Korea with the opening of the Josun Palace in Seoul. Originally built ...
France, Strike, Level 2: Disruptions to hight-speed rail traffic due to strike from 22 to 24 October – Western parts, France
- Europe Travel & Tourism sector lags global recovery, says WTTC October 25, 2021Sector employment remains stagnant in 2021, however, with the right measures, the number of those employed in the sector next year could surpass pre-pandemic levels. With millions more European citizens fully vaccinated, international spending is expected to rebound by nearly 80%% in 2022.
- New international border openings set to accelerate lift in business travel October 25, 2021Latest GBTA poll also reports increased industry optimism, a rise in business travel bookings, support for vaccine programs and an eagerness to get back to traveling for work.
- Private equity deals drive global travel and tourism industry up by 3.5% in September 2021, finds GlobalData October 25, 2021An analysis of GlobalData’s Financial Deals Database reveals that a total of 59 deals were announced in the global travel and tourism industry during September compared to the 57 deals announced during the previous month.
- UNWTO and AFRAA to cooperate to restart of African tourism and travel October 25, 2021In the more immediate term, the new MoU is aimed at helping mitigate the impacts of the pandemic on African aviation and restarting international travel.
- BARIG calls for urgent harmonization of travel conditions in the air rtraffic industry October 25, 2021Coordination between states needs to be improved to make travel for people seamless again.
- Marshall Hotels & Resorts announces $14m. conversion of 259-room Sheraton Hotel Airport and Conference Center Grand Rapids October 25, 2021Former Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids Airport & Conference Center to undergo complete renovation to meet today’s post-COVID business and leisure traveler demands.
- Intrepid Travel’s rebrand is out to prove that purpose is not an empty platitude October 25, 2021The world’s largest travel B Corp outlines a clear vision to change the way we all see the world, from a new brand identity focused on the joy of travel, to ambitious growth plans and a revamped portfolio of trips focused on ethical and responsible experiences.
- Radisson Hotel Group set to double its West and Central Africa portfolio by 2025 October 25, 2021With its robust expansion strategy, the Group is on track to cement its leadership and double its portfolio to 50 hotels by 2025 Access multimedia content.
- The spotlight on Iceland’s capital city shines even brighter with the arrival of The Reykjavik Edition October 25, 2021With typical élan, Ian Schrager has captured the spirit of Iceland and set a new standard of luxury in its capital city.
- Airport partners with Ørsted to bring sustainable air travel to the UK October 25, 2021Vision to decarbonise Edinburgh Airport and accelerate shift to sustainable air travel.